Heaven on Earth’s amazing new sanctuary
After nearly 9 years in the Van Nuys rental home, Heaven on Earth and its feline residents relocated in March of 2011 to a spectacular new sanctuary. It’s named Perry’s Place, The Perry MacFarlane Sanctuary, in memory of Perry “Per” MacFarlane, a lifelong animal friend and advocate. Our cage-less, no-kill facility contains 5,500 square feet of interior space! Not only that, but we’ve been able to design and build Perry’s Place specifically to meet the needs of the cats in our care.
Key features include the following:
- Several adoption rooms, which enable our adoptable cats, including those who are a bit shy, to show better to potential adopters
- Rooms dedicated to special needs and senior cats
- Rooms devoted entirely to kittens
- A lobby/reception area
- Large isolation and quarantine rooms, including a maternity ward for new moms and babies
- A treatment room
- Food preparation and laundry rooms
- A community room, used for humane education programs, volunteer orientation, and meetings
- An office for our sanctuary staff
- An onsite caretaker’s apartment, allowing for 24/7 coverage
Not only does Perry’s Place provide a healthy, safe, low maintenance, and loving environment for our cats, but it offers donors the opportunity to permanently name spaces in recognition of their support.
We are continuing to raise the money needed to pay off the loan on the property, make improvements on our facility, and underwrite the cost of the exterior renovations.