We’re in the 8th month of the year, we’re just over 8 weeks from the event, and, well, Sesame Street said it best: 8 is great! We’d like to share with you 8 GREAT Reasons to join us for Race for the Rescues!
8. Cats. For most of us, they are the beginning and end of our day. If you love cats, this is the team for you! All fundraising efforts support Heaven on Earth and the cats and kittens of Perry’s Place.
7. Race for the Rescues is at the world-famous Rose Bowl. Most of us didn’t get the chance to be super-star college athletes who competed at the Rose Bowl… Race for the Rescues is the next best thing!
6. It gets us up and moving. Looking for a starting point to get in shape? Here it is! What more motivation do you need than to know you’re making a difference in the lives of so many animals?!
5. Race for the Rescues is FUN! You will meet not only some great people on your own team, but also some great people from other rescue groups. We all have the same goal — to save animals! Trust us: Race for the Rescues will warm your heart, and you’ll walk away from the event with such a smile on your face, your cheeks will hurt!
4. You get to choose which race to run — or walk! Race for the Rescues offers a 10k, 5k, 1k dog walk, or couch potato race. You don’t even have to be in the state of California on race day! Sign up as a couch potato and cheer us on from the comfort of your couch in Ohio, or head outside and run with us in spirit.
3. It’s the only race you can ‘run’ with a cat in your lap! Couch potatoes will make the runners green with envy by leisurely competing with Mr. Whiskers or Miss Fluffington curled up in their laps.
2. Fundraisers have the chance to earn some GREAT incentives! All Heaven on Earth team members who raise at least $100 earn a blue cape to wear on race day, so they can show everyone what HEROES they are! Silver- and gold-star fundraisers who reach the $500 and $1000 fundraising marks receive additional recognition as SUPER HEROES. We also offer FUNdraising incentives leading up to race day. Anyone like Amazon gift cards? 😋
1. Cats, silly! How could the cats not be #1?! If we didn’t love them, we wouldn’t be here. Our reason for racing is simple: we just love cats.